Good Yuri Novel - Webnovel Recommendations
There are plenty of girl's love (Yuri) anime and manga out there, but the one I'll remember fondly would be a webnovel: I Favor the Villainess. Back when I was binging webnovels in the Otome-Isekai genre, this one came out of the blue and surprised me with how much I got invested into the characters.
I Favor The Villainess
The premise of the story is that an office lady reincarnates into an Otome Game world as the heroine of the story. In an Otome Game, the player plays as the heroine and the goal is to end up with one of the game's capture targets, the male leads. There will be a villainess in the story, who gets in the way and often bullies the heroine.
The typical trope for an Otome Game reincarnation novel is for the main character to reincarnate as said villainess. Often destined for death should the game's scenario play out, the reincarnated main character will take steps to avoid death. Of course, the main character's behavior often leads to the male leads in the novel falling for her, the villainess. Sometimes, the heroine will end up the villain of the story.
This story takes the established tropes and flips it on its head. The main character reincarnates as the heroine, and is openly a lesbian, aiming for the villainess's heart from the get-go. The villainess behaves as a villainess should, shunning and bullying the main character, but slowly, her heart begins to open.
The story is in essence, a slice of life story, detailing the lives of the two female leads, and their surroundings, as they go through a school life. It may seem like a typical "reincarnated into an otome game" type story, but it eventually delves into actual LGBT feelings and themes.
To speak about my overall thoughts on the webnovel, although the translations were fairly rough, and the plot shaky at times, the characterisation of the characters very much helped me enjoy, and keep reading. Despite the flaws, this was one webnovel I was really glad to have found.

Comments
Post a Comment